Monday, February 20, 2012

25 lessons


With my 26th birthday rapidly approaching, I cannot help but reflect on the life lessons 25 has brought me. Another year older, another year wiser, right? while I am sad to say goodbye to 25, I am equally excited to see what my 26th year on this earth has in store for me.

Without further adieu, here are 25 things I learned (about myself and beyond) while I was 25:

1. Sometimes God brings people into my life for a short season. Not every friendship is meant to last forever, and the quicker i accept that, that better. 

2. Nobody will ever, ever believe in me or support me more than Ashan does. A relationship is such a gift in that way, and one that I do not ever want to take for granted.

3. Just because you feel something doesn't make it true. 

4. Little things stick with you, and the details are the real stuff is made of.

5. No matter how much I plan, and think about planning, and discussing my plan with others, it's really up to God how that plan unfolds. The peace in that is immeasurable. 

6. Sometimes things have to get messy and ugly and absolutely terrible before they get better.

7. Most friendships won't last forever. And, that's life. 

8. Quick anger is part of my DNA, and I seriously need to work on it, because not much it worth fighting about.

9. God will continue to test me, but he will never give me more than I can handle.

10. A relationship requires mutual effort between two people. It's a give and take; not a give or take. 

11. People change. Sometimes for the good, and other times not. Either way, it's a part of life and the sooner I accept that, the better.

12. When I don't succeed, I end up learning somethingand that in itself is valuable.

13. Sometimes you have to say 'No'

14. Attaining simplicity is not very simple, but completely worth the effort to make it so.

15. You cannot ask or expect other people to apologize for who they are. 

16. Sometimes, Facebook is the devil.

17. It's never too early to plan for the future, because there is often significant joy to be found in that.

18. Sometimes it's okay to go to bed angry. Most people will tell you the opposite, but I beg to differ. It's rare, but sometimes you need a full eight hours of sleep to get over your stubbornness and wake up with a fresh perspective and a forgiving heart. I actually learned this a few times while i was 25.

19. I complain way more than I should - I need to work on that as well.

20. Don't worry about what people say about you. They didn't make me so they sure can't break me.

21. Health is a blessing. And I thank god for everyday I have.

22. Never compare life with others, because we are all on our own journeys.

23. Good things come to those who wait. I suspect even better things come to those who wait patiently.

24. Life takes twists and turns. Prepare for the unexpected.

25. Don't dwell on your wounds. Everyone has something that has caused pain and has been limiting them in some way. Don't let the past limit your future. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...